If you’ve found your way here then chances are you’ve just gotten engaged. Firstly, please accept our heartfelt congratulations! Wedding planning can feel overwhelming; it’s a beautiful and exciting time, yet occasionally it can be a little trying. That’s why we’ve put together this handy guide to the wedding planning process to help you with your journey*:
- 18 months - view venues, choose date, book venue, wedding insurance
- 12 months - ‘Save the Dates’, book essential vendors (registrar, photographer etc.), start any DIY projects now (trust us, the earlier you start DIYs the better!)
- 9 months – florist, guest list, wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses, groom’s suit, cake, menu tasting, make up and hair
- 6 months – rings, accessories, honeymoon, transport, accommodation, rental items (linens, chair covers etc.)
- 3 months – make up and hair trial, shoes (start breaking them in), confirm cake/menu, gifts/favours for wedding party, bridesmaid dress fittings
- 6 weeks – playlist, seating plan, speeches, finish all décor/DIYs
- 4 weeks – book meal for the night before wedding, final wedding dress fitting, chase outstanding RSVPs, final seating plan, book any beauty treatments
- 1 week – touch base with all vendors to confirm, collect dress / all apparel, allocate on the day tasks, pack for honeymoon
Then it’s time to relax and enjoy the wedding! When you’re at the 8-10 month mark and ready to start looking for your perfect dress, we’d love to show you our collection of beautiful gowns and accessories. Please call us on 01962 849 797, or book an appointment online. We can’t wait to meet you!
*Every wedding is unique; this is intended as a guideline only.